The old sales adage is that “your best prospect is your current customer.” Today this is especially the case, concerning organizations, and their contacts, that are related to your current customer.
It is important to identify within your databases the organizations and their contacts that are related to each other. This will provide you with valuable sales retention and growth opportunities, including
- Widening your communication network within your customer organization
- Providing additional contacts to help retain existing business, as well as develop new business.
- Expanding your sales with your current customer
- Identifying cross selling and up selling opportunities
- Identifying organizations and contacts that can be approached with references from a related entity
The key here is to identify and link organizations and their contact records together, across all of your data sources, with Common IDs. This way you will be able to view the data together. Views should be available to the Sales and Service teams in their CRM systems for their efforts, along with Marketing for analysis and data mining.
Remember, your best prospect might be related to your current customer.
If you need assistance in linking related records together to retain and grow customers, consider using SingleVision®. SingleVision will match and link records, along with assigning a Common ID to keep the records linked.